A lot has been said about the benefits of cloud computing. Almost everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Here are the perceived benefits.
- Negligible costs. – Resources in the cloud are shared among many users. This lowers the cost dramatically. For instance, an application that may require thousands of dollars to set up on a dedicated server may be hosted on a cloud for just a fraction of the cost.
- Faster loading speed. – As the information can be stored in multiple locations, a web visitor can request data from a location that is nearest to him or her. So, this speeds up data loading and makes cloud computing an attractive solution to many application providers.
- Better security. – A lot of people think that cloud computing is more secure. Obviously, this perception is arguable.
Is cloud computing really a secure solution? What are the security risks involved?
- Too early to tell. – Cloud computing is still relatively new. A lot of Chief Technology Officers (CTO) are not sure about the problems and risks associated with the cloud.
- Shard environment. – Cloud means sharing of resources that data and information are stored in servers that may be accessed by other users. That may present some risks.
- No infallible system. – Yet the Giants will tell you, that the cloud system is highly secure and unlikely to get hacked into, there still remains a chance that it will fall. Why? Because it remains a fact that no system is 100% secure.
- Useful data attracts the wrong individuals. – The more valuable the information on the cloud, the much more likely it is going to attract the wrong variety of men and women. Hackers will do anything within their power to obtain into the method due to the fact they know that there is certainly valuable information hosted around the computer systems. And because it can be a cloud system, that indicates there is a Lot of data and data stored in the cloud. This makes the whole cloud an ideal target for those who wish to create mischief.
So does that mean one shouldn’t use cloud computing, however?
To be around the safe side, here are some recommended practices.
- Decide on what to the retailer on the cloud. – A cloud could be utilized to shop scripts to enable quicker loading. Because no sensitive information is stored, you get pleasure from the rewards of the cloud without having to be concerned about security troubles.
- Ask about monitoring systems. – All cloud systems need to be monitored to ensure that problems makers are usually caught in genuine time. This will likely assist protect against loss of data.
- Monitor all updates. – Updates can give rise to new security difficulties which might be not there ahead of. So each and every time there are big updates, be much more vigilant. Run tests on your own to make sure that your own information is protected.